|Glenna greeting Amazzing, one of the therapy horses|
That’s right.You read the title correctly.
The Red Thread Promise is standing on the threshold of a brand-new relationship with a PATH certified hippotherapy center in southwestern Ohio! While we will continue working with the kids and staff of McKenna Farms, our long-term partners in Georgia, The Red Thread team has longed to provide hippotherapy and therapeutic riding to children in other areas. Now, we are making that dream a reality.
Recently, Glenna (Jacob’s Fund Director) and Sonya (TRTP VP) traveled to Hilltop Equestrian Center in beautiful rural Ohio. Less than an hour’s drive from many of the more populated cities and towns in the area, Hilltop is staffed with AHA certified therapists who are ready to work with our children. During our conversation, we quickly established that both organizations share many common goals and basic principles, agreeing that:
- Hippotherapy and therapeutic riding opens the door to new worlds for youngsters with disabilities; and
- A family’s economic circumstance should not prevent a child from receiving therapy.
|One wing of Hilltop's stables|
|Glenna, Jacob's Fund Director, and the Hilltop staff|
- how often hippotherapy is offered
- how many children receive therapy
- how many therapy horses are in use
- how long sessions are and associated costs
- their therapist qualifications; and
- the certifications of the facility.
|One of Hilltops littlest riders during hippotherapy|
|The indoor arena|
When we left, Hilltop welcomed The Red Thread Promise to visit, observe, take photos and interview staff, children, and families anytime.
This was music to our ears as we do our best to share the progress of the children we support with you. In an upcoming post, you’ll meet Kyle, the first child Jacob's Fund will be sponsoring at Hilltop. Stay tuned and be prepared to fall in love with this precious little boy!