Thursday, March 13, 2014

HAITI :: $5 million dollar donation for St. Vincent's

(left) Father Sadoni, Director of St. Vincent's
(center) Mary White
(right) Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori
photo credit: Mary Frances Schjonberg

We are tickled pink to share that St. Vincent's recently received a $5,000,000 gift from a donor in New York. This gift will allow the center to begin it's rebuilding efforts more than 4 years after the devastating earthquake.

Who is this benefactor and why a gift so large to St. Vincent's? 

Mary White is a physician and member of St. James Episcopal Church in Manhattan. Ms. White remarked that at St. Vincent's "the needs are in sync with who I am. These are children, many of whom have been abandoned by their parents. I'm an adoptive mom; I'm a physician and it's a place where a lot of medical care is given." 

Her gift is by far the largest donation she has ever made. “For me as an individual I have never done anything like this; not even close,” she said. “I felt euphoric afterwards,” she said. “I felt that God meant this to be.”*

It all goes back to connections, the foundation on which The Red Thread Promise is built. 

Who do you feel connected to today? 
And what are you going to do about it?

*See the full article

No comments: