|A Jacob's Fund volunteer staining wood|
Can you feel the warmth of the sun?
Can you smell the fresh country air?
Can you hear the horses whinnying?
Are you ready to get your hands dirty?
If not, that time is coming!
The Red Thread team is taking the first mission trip of 2014 to McKenna Farms. We’ll be heading to Dallas, Georgia for a 4-day trip April 24 – 27. We’d like YOU to consider joining us.
|The Jacob Beachy Sensory Trail|
|The horse barn and temporary sleeping quarters upstairs|
- McKenna Farms is located at 3044 Due West Road, Dallas, Georgia 30157
- Plan to arrive on Thursday, April 24 in the late afternoon or evening.
- Volunteers will sleep in a combination of therapy buildings, in the farm house or above the barn.
- Plan to bring your own sleeping bag or air mattress / sheets / blankets, bath towels and toiletries.
- Meals will be provided all day Friday and all day Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, just let us know and we’ll accommodate.
- Plan on cool nights and warm days.
- Horses, hay, dirt, weeds, mulch, paint and wood stain are all part of the mix. Dress accordingly.
- Departure is after breakfast on Sunday, April 27.
- The cost is $100 per participant.
- Space is limited.
How do I volunteer?
To request an application or learn more, please contact Jacob’s Fund Director, Glenna Fisher at 513.423.0108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due April 12, 2014.
We look forward to meeting you in Georgia!
|Child receiving therapy|
|Volunteers bringing in the horses for the night|